Cumulus 8.5.1 Update Available
The first scheduled update to Cumulus 8.5 is available now via the Canto Customer Portal. Cumulus 8.5.1 includes so many fixes and improvements, it’s easy to see this release as an “upgrade” rather than just an update. Among the most notable improvements in Cumulus 8.5.1 are:
- Font thumbnails and previews - Cataloged fonts can now be previewed within Cumulus.
- Collection link improvements – Collection links are easier to configure, and URLs are available instantly.
- Fill metadata template from record - The contents of a metadata template can be filled based on the selected record.
- GPS metadata improvements - GPS Version, GPS Time, GPS Date and GPS Image Direction fields are now supported.
- Quicksearch all languages - Users can choose whether Quicksearch operations search one or all available languages.
- Field formula expressions in queries - Saved search queries can now contain expressions so that variable values like “current user” can be used.
- Transparency support for Cumulus-direct URLs - Thumbnails displayed by direct URLs now support transparency, when available in the source image.
- Category landing pages - Categories can now be configured so that useful content appears in the Sites collection area when the category is clicked. Show help messages, logos, or anything else.
- Download terms and acceptance - Cumulus Sites can now require users to accept terms before downloading files.
- Enhanced metadata support - Custom metadata support has been added for Direct Draw Surface (DDS), Carl Zeiss Microscopes (ZVI), EIP ZIP, and FV4 video files.
For complete details, download the Cumulus 8.5.1 release notes.
Cumulus 8.5.1 is available at no additional charge to all customers on active maintenance contracts. Out-of-contract upgrades are available for purchase. Contact your Canto representative for details.
Planning to upgrade to Mac OS X “Lion”? Due to API changes made in Mac OS X “Lion,” Canto was not able to successfully test Cumulus 8.5.1 with the most recent Lion beta available to developers. Canto customers should not upgrade to Mac OS X “Lion” until compatibility can be confirmed and announced by Canto.